What am I Focusing on Now?
My name is Björgvin Benediktsson and I’m an audio engineer, musician, and entrepreneur. I help creatives make a greater impact with their creations by teaching them how to produce or promote themselves on the web through content marketing knowledge, copywriting skills, email marketing techniques and Facebook advertising tips I’ve used in my own business since 2008. Learn more about how I can help here.
I decided to make a Now page because I’m feeling increasingly scattered and spread thin these days.
I’m intending to use it to keep myself focused on my priorities so that I don’t waste time with unimportant things.
If it’s not a hell yeah! it’s a NO.
And in the typical 10Weekly fashion, I’ll try to keep it to 10 different things.
So what am I doing now? (Updated November 15th, 2016)
- I’m writing Kindle eBooks. First one was published today and I’ve got two more outlined to be released in the next few months.
- I’m debating my next musical project. The Long Wait’s album came out in October and I’m very proud of it. I’m wondering how I evolve from there.
- I realized that I’m not that interested in being a bass player but I like having learned to play bass.
- I’m getting more into freelancing and helping out artists, entrepreneurs and authors with their online presence and promotion. If that sounds like you, here’s how I can help.
- I’m still doing volunteer broadcast engineering for KXCI and loving every minute of it.
- I realized that I’ll go crazy working by myself at home all the time. I’m too extroverted to be confined to a home studio so I’ve been forcing myself to go downtown to work from Colab at least a few times a week. Working from home isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be if you’re a social person.
- I’m about to overhaul my $1,000 Musician page to be a stand-alone website instead of a regularly updated blog. I’d rather spend the time writing comprehensive eBooks for musicians than snack-sized post that don’t really help them very much.
- I’m getting more analytical with my Facebook advertising and trying to get smarter about my email marketing. Initial results show promise.
- I’m making myself more disciplined. This means waking up earlier, getting back into mediation, exercising more and drinking less. We’re right around the corner from the holidays so that last part might be wishful thinking.
- I’m recording more and more bands and doing more engineering projects at the Icelandic Embassy Studios. Working with bands is a lot of fun (see #6 for reason why!)
Thanks to Derek Sivers for the idea.
If I can help you with anything, and it aligns with my priorities above, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
If not, at least enjoy this relevant clip from “Space Balls”